Thursday, April 22, 2010

BETA BABY!!!!

And with tonight's (or morning's) update I now have zero bugs. So that means I have now released version 1.0.00 of my Ultima 4 Flash game!!!!!

Here are the updates for this version:

Version 1.0.00 (Thurs. Apr. 22, 2010)
BETA VERSION

- Fixed a nasty hang in combat that created two bugs:
o A hang when ranged monsters had a Jinx cast on them.
o A hang when trying to wake up sleeping party members with an Awake spell and getting hit by ranged attacks. (say during a Gazer ambush!)
- Fixed a bug where a player could be asleep in combat but still get an attack. (or anxiously cast an Awake spell!)
- Beefed up the Gazer range attack. (After all... they are one of the hardest monsters in the game.)

So what does this mean... well there will probably be a few more issues to resolve in the coming days. But there is a symbolic achievement for a development team when they are able to drop their active issues down to zero. This is usually when gold disks start to get mastered, and people start to go on holidays.

I'll probably be tweaking combat stats over the next little while... those edits are only to the XML data that runs the game. Hopefully I will not need to update any game code from here on in.

Well let's see how that goes. ;)

On a personal note... I can't tell you how much of a feeling of achievement I'm feeling right now. I wrote a game... well a rather famous game... by myself over the course of about 3 months, and debugged and polished it over a couple of weeks. There's nothing like being able to build a game from the ground up, and to slowly see the thing come to life. Or even better... when people start playing it and get excited! There is NOTHING LIKE IT, and continues to be the reason why I AM A GAME PROGRAMMER!

No comments:

Post a Comment